JOB TITLE: Environmental Services Technician
DEPARTMENT: Lower Sioux Health Care Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Health Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Environmental Services Technician is responsible for providing a safe care environment for patients and staff (visitors as appropriate to setting) within the clinic setting. This is achieved by demonstrating the principles of cleaning, disinfection and quality assurance toward the reduction of harmful pathogens for the benefit of patients, visitors and staff. While executing the assigned tasks, the EVS Tech will have contact with patients and visitors. Contact may include physical, psychological, educational, and safety related, and should be appropriate to the specific demographics of patients served in assigned specialty service areas. Responsible for ensuring. The environmental services technician, in accordance with organizational standards of quality, is an essential contributor to cleaning, disinfection, infection prevention and patient experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting all areas of the Clinic.
- Performs duties while demonstrating working knowledge of the health care cleaning and disinfecting principles and requirements, proper and safe chemical use, equipment handling, and labor-saving products for all items within the specialty environment tasked with servicing.
- Adheres to all organizational safety, risk management and infection control standards and promotes a culture of safety.
- Accountable for maintaining all appropriate logs and check lists/sheets as accurate and current.
- Actively participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives, including but not limited to initiatives to improve patient experience and cleanliness metrics.
- Maintains supplies and equipment by properly stocking and restocking environmental services cart in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Removes waste and transport to appropriate disposal area.
- Follows all environmental and infection prevention practices (i.e. proper cleaning and disinfection protocols and process, hand hygiene, standard & isolation precautions, as well as proper donning and doffing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Recognizes and adheres to patient privacy requirements (HIPAA).
- Regular attendance necessary.
- Regular punctuality necessary.
- Available and willing to work any changes in hours on the schedule at any time during employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- A team player, always neat and courteous.
- Takes pride in work and responsibilities.
- Able to handle emergency spills and accidents.
- Uses good judgement.
- Good communication skills
- Reliable worker, work all scheduled days and hours.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work with soap and other cleaning chemicals.
- Able to climb stairs and use ladders, bend and twist.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management and Community Council reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
In accepting employment, I agree to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above. In addition, I agree to adhere to any policy or procedure changes that may occur during my employment with the Lower Sioux Indian Community.