- Group Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Information, Education and Referral
- Comprehensive Use Assessments
- Referral to Inpatient Treatment
- Urine Drug Testing
About Our Program
Woniya Kini’s Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor’s (LADC) have been trained in and base our outpatient program off of the Matrix Model®. The Matrix Model is a structured, multi-component behavioral treatment model that consists of evidence-based practices, including relapse prevention, family therapy, group therapy, psycho-education, and self-help, delivered in a sequential and clinically coordinated manner. The model consists of 16 weeks of group sessions held three times per week, which combine Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, family education, social support, individual counseling, and urine drug testing.
The Matrix Model is an easy-to-use manualized treatment protocol that gives patients the skills and understanding they need to overcome addiction. It has been refined over the past 30 years to integrate cognitive behavioral therapy, contingency management, motivational interviewing, 12 Steps facilitation, family involvement, and other elements to successfully treat individuals struggling with substance use.
The Matrix Model is acknowledged by the National Institute on Drug Abuse as an effective and scientifically-based approach. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration lists the model on its National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices. The Matrix Model also was listed as a recommended evidence-based treatment model in Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General’s Report on Alcohol, Drugs and Health, a 2016 report released by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Surgeon General.
Intensive Outpatient Groups
- Meet Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Primarily occur on Tuesdays
Relapse Prevention Group
- Thursday’s from 9am-11:00am
Comprehensive Use Assessments
- We provide Comprehensive Use Assessments (CUA), which has taken the place of “Rule 25’s” per state guidelines. Please call one of our LADC’s if you are needing an assessment.
Talking Circle (Self-Help Group)
- Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00PM-1:00PM at Woniya Kini
- Referral for Comprehensive Use Assesment
- [download id=”3194″]
- Required to try and apply for Medical Assistance (MA) upon admission
- No person in Indian Country will be turned away due to lack of funding
For more information contact:
Corey Bill, LADC
Kelsey Joines, LADC