Website Lower Sioux Indian Community
Lower Sioux Indian Community
JOB TITLE: Housekeeping
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY GRADE: NEBF
Professional housekeeper able of attending to our facilities (Social Services, Treatment Facility, Office of the Environment, Government Center and Recreation Center) with integrity and attention to detail. The goal is to create a clean and orderly environment for our employees and visitors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance. Prioritization and time management skills. Able to work quickly without compromising quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Vacuums, sweeps, and mops all floors as needed.
- Empties and cleans all trash containers as needed.
- Cleans bathrooms, replenishes paper products
- Picks up garbage in and outside of buildings and parking lots.
- Replaces light bulbs and cleans air vents.
- Monitor and maintain housekeeping supplies.
- Report any maintenance issues or safety hazards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance necessary.
- Regular punctuality necessary.
- Available and willing to work any changes in hours on the schedule at any time during employment.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- A team player, always neat and courteous.
- Takes pride in work and responsibilities.
- Able to handle emergency spills and accidents.
- Uses good judgement.
- Good communication skills
- Reliable worker, work all scheduled days and hours.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work with soap and other cleaning chemicals.
- Able to climb stairs and use ladders, bend and twist.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management and Community Council reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
In accepting employment, I am agreeing to perform the duties and responsibilities listed above. In addition, I agree to adhere to any policy or procedure changes that may occur during my employment with the Lower Sioux Indian Community.