Lower Sioux Tribal Law Enforcement operates a fully staffed Police Department.
The mission of the Lower Sioux Tribal Law Enforcement is to protect life & property and preserve the peace through proactive initiatives and methods that best serve the community.
The adoption & implementation of the community oriented policing concept and initiatives to promote, encourage, partnerships with individuals, organizations, and entities to address and solve problems that contribute to the social ills that plague our communities.
In the spirit of partnership, we will strive to provide the best professional service by maintaining the highest standards in the field of law enforcement to reflect the integrity of our community.
To carry out the law enforcement functions and operations of the law enforcement with the goal of preserving the peace, and the protection of life & property by means of enforcing tribal, state, and federal laws applicable within the jurisdiction of the Lower Sioux Dakota community
To cooperate with the appropriate state and federal agencies in the investigation of crimes and civil regulatory laws applicable
To develop methods of expertise to resolve conflicts and the solving of crimes or acts of crimes
To provide police patrol services within the community with the objective of being visible, vigilant, and responsive to the public
To respond to calls of assistance requiring police services whether the call requires police action and/or investigation to pursue and
To respond to emergency calls that are non-enforcement in nature, ex: fire, ambulance, civil disputes, etc….
To develop proactive initiatives that promote community oriented policing partnerships with the objective of addressing crime and other social ills that plague our community
- To provide the community with quality police services that are efficient, effective and fair
- To develop yearly assessments and evaluations of the community to assist in identifying the trends in crime(s) to best prioritize the functions & operations of the law enforcement program.
- The efficient and effective management of the law enforcement personnel and resources
The vision of the Lower Sioux Tribal Police is become a model and recognized leader in the field of law enforcement to best provide the Lower Sioux Indian Community with the best police and protections, thus to safeguard the public with responsive and fair policing that are acceptable to the communities expectations.
In an effort to transform the vision into reality, the Lower Sioux Tribal Law Enforcement shall diligently:
- Achieve and maintain a higher standard of policing that results in competent and ethical police officers serving the community
- Work to provide efficient and effective management of the law enforcement personnel and resources
- Promote and develop partnerships & initiatives with the goal of creating a community of harmony and safety for all
Motto: Presence, Vigilance, & Response to Protect & Serve.